Information regarding Professional Experience has finally come up within the Week 9 material for EDC3100.
As many of my fellow pre-service educators, I have already completed five placements within my degree. Along with some others, such as Kraig Napier, I am aware of where I will be going for my next placement (however still yet to meet my Mentor). As I will be commencing my this next placement in a few weeks, it is important I begin thinking about it and planning ahead.
One of the activities this week required us to do exactly that.. and begin thinking about Professional Experience.
I was required to reply to a post that shares:
- The top 2 challenges/problems/mistakes you have faced or made on prior Professional Experiences.
- The top 2 fears/challenges you have about your EDC3100 Professional Experience.
Here was my response…
Top 2 challenges/problems/mistakes you have faced or made on prior Professional Experience
– Not time managing my lessons well (trying to fit too much in) is a mistake I have faced before and now am more aware of
– Differentiating effectively during the first week has always been a challenge for me
Top 2 fears/challenges you have about your EDC3100 Professional Experience
– Incorporating ICT that enhances and transforms learning (as I have yet to know what ICT is available at my PRAC site)
– Engaging my students and using my knowledge from this course to be creative in my teaching