During the Week 11 Learning Path I have been introduced to the Acronym CLEM to assist scaffolding learning to use digital technologies to amplify and transform student learning. CLEM is made up of a number of components to represent an important focus for using ICT effectively to amplify and transform learning.
- What, where, and how active is the community of teachers who use this ICT to enhance student learning?
- Are there different communities?
- How can I engage with this community?
- Where can I go to get help?
- What academic literature exists around this ICT to enhance student learning?
- What does it reveal about how to apply this ICT to learning?
- What doe sit say about how to use this ICT and how not to use it?
- What is this ICT good for when it comes to student learning?
- What are the common problems/ limitations of this ICT?
- What examples exist of this ICT being used to enhance student learning?
- What makes a good or bad example?
- Are there examples applicable to me and how can I learn from these?
- How does this ICT work and what are its components?
- What is the vocabulary associated with the ICT?
- What does it offer that’s different from other ICT?
- What are the common technical problems with this ICT and how do I fix them?
I have now also started looking at some ICT resources that may be useful on my prac with a year 1 class. I came across ACMI Storyboard generator, which look fantastic for use within an educational context. Have a look and tell me what you think? Maybe you have even used it before!